Thursday 18 December 2008

PLease excuse me whilst I rant

I would like to discuss with you the issue of stereotyping people due to the type of car that they drive. Let's have a quick look at some of the stereotypes conveyed by society.

Firstly, as I have discussed before on this blog, the stereotype that Audi, BMW and Mercedes drivers are "cocks". I stand by this stereotype as I am often chased out of the fast lane by one of these cars.

Another rather comical stereotype is that of the Honda Jazz driver. The Jazz seems to be exclusively driven by old men, many of whom look too old to be driving and can barely see over the steering wheel. They all seem to have flat caps on and do 55mph on the motorway. I must say I was rather surprised when I was over-taken by a Honda Jazz the other day that was doing 80mph. It seems this particular driver had managed to find the accelerator.

Stereotype number three is that of the Saab and Volvo drivers. Nobody will ever utter the words "look at that maniac in that Saab". They are considered to be boring cars. This stems from Volvo being very safe cars to drive and are considered to be the boring option.

I feel that we need to break away from these stereotypes in society so I appeal to BMW, Audi and Merc drivers everywhere and implore you to take your foot off the accelerator occasionally. Rather the opposite with Jazz drivers though, take your flat caps off and put your foot down.

No comments: